Friday, December 01, 2006

It's December

Hello, we are doing much better. Our last few weeks have been very eventful and hectic.

This is a run down of what has been happening:
*Beginning of November, Cullen had bronchitis. We were home for a few days.
I caught it, and did not go to the doctor. It turned into walking pneumonia. Off to the doctor I go.
*Meme came to visit. This was avery good thing. We were all happy to see her. Cullen loved every minute of her visit.

*While all this is going on, Brent is still trying get an appointment with the correct doctor concerning his broken eye socket.

*Got a call from Alabama on the 13th. My dad had a mild heart attack over the weekend and is having a heart cath on the 15th. On the 15th he went in for the heart cath. They decided to put stints in. One broke off in his heart, and he had another heart attack. They took him to surgery. He coded twice. By the end of this day, he had two open heart surgeries and coded 3 times. We were still in Texas at this time. He continued to go downhill so we loaded up and went to Mobile on the 17th. They were finally able to take him off the vent on th 19th, and he got out of ICU on the 20th. Things were beginning to look better. I relapsed with the pneumonia and was unable to visit him anymore. Brent took Cullen to see him on Monday afternoon and Tuesday. We traveled home on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving due to me being sick.

Thanksgiving Day: Brent cooked us Crawfish Fettucine. I'm sure that is traditional Thanksgiving Dinner somewhere. It is very good. We made lists of the things we are thankful for. I will post cullen's soon. My dad went back to surgery for a blood clot. It was successful.

The rest of our holiday was very quite including my B-day. We had lunch at Pappaduex's and watched the Texas A & M game.

We went back to work on the 27th, and my dad was able to go home. Cullen got sick again on the 28th with throat problems and a 104.4 fever. Home again for a few days.

Brent has completed the decorations on the outside of the house. It looks really good. Cullen picked out a candy cane tree, candy canes, and deer. Pictures to come...

I believe this brings us to the present. We had a very restful weekend. I went grocery shopping alone something that is happening more often. Cullen likes staying at home instead of going to the grocery store. Like father like son.

I would like to thank everyone for their prayers during my dad's surgery and continued recovery.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have really been through it, and I am so sorry for all that has happened to you and yours. How wonderful that you have such an upbeat attitude. I knew there was a reaon I loved you so much.....now I know you are an angel in disguise! Kiss Brent and Cullen for me and tell Cullen that Aunt Eleanor and Uncle Bubba think of him all the time (as well as the two of you) and love him very much! Things have been WILD here, but maybe they will calm down for Christmas. I hope so.

Merry Christmas and all our love,

Aunt Eleanor and Uncle Bubba