Saturday, June 09, 2007

Babysitter

Brent and I have been wanting to go on a date. The last time we went out, Cullen began his Night Terror stint. I do not want to traumatise again, so we thought we would talk with him about it. It went like this at the dinner table:

Me, " Cullen would you like Ms. Hiedi to come over and play with you in your new house?"
Brent, "That sounds like fun."
Cullen, "No!"
Me, "Why not?"
Cullen, "Will you and Daddy be here?"
Me, "No, Mommy and Daddy might go some where."
Cullen, "Where?"
Brent, "We want to go look for bicycles for you, and we need to go without you."
Cullen, " I can go, too."
Brent, " I thought you liked Ms. Hiedi."
Cullen, "No."
Cullen, " I don't need to play with Ms. Hiedi. I have mommy and daddy to play with."

A few moments later:
Brent to me, " I guess the babysitter thing might not work."
Cullen, " Why do we need a babysitter? We don't have a baby."
Cullen, " We can go buy one. Yeah, that would be fun."
Brent, " What kind of baby would you buy?"
Cullen, " A boy."

0 comments: