Thursday, November 02, 2006

Halloween Hoopla...

Cullen woke up Halloween morning at 4:15 a.m. So, this might tell you what type of morning we were going to have. I finished his costume and got it ready for him to put on. He refused. I mean he would not have any part of it no matter what I said. He wanted to wear his blue pants in the parade. I put it in his backpack just in case he changed his mind while he was at school. Of course, he did. He wore it to the Storybook Parade. Remember, I wrote earlier that no superheros or devilish creatures were allowed. Well, some showed up to crash the Storybook Parade. Maybe, I shouldn't be such a rule follower because Cullen's partner in crime showed up as Superman. I hope he will not be scarred for life because at age two he was forced to wear a homemade Cat in the Hat costume on Halloween. Anyway, his school day activities turned out very nice. He was excited about all of the candy.

That evening I wanted Cullen to dress up so I could take pictures and then go to a few houses. Again, he was refusing. He did not want the tail or the bow. His Daddy talked him in to putting the costume on by telling him he could chase the cats in the neighborhood. If anyone could pull off a homemade Cat in the Hat costume it would be Cullen. He looked most adorable. Once he got outside ringing doorbells and saying,"Trick or Treek", it was all over. After each house, he would say,"Just one more house, please!" It ended up being fun. Cullen is all about the candy part of Halloween. (pictures to come)

0 comments: