Tuesday, October 03, 2006

When Will It End?

How much more needs to happen before more protection is given in schools? Today at my school a gun was taken from a child. He brought it to school yesterday and today in his backpack. It was a pistol BB gun. A gun... He thought it was cool. The only reason he was caught was because he let someone see it on the bus. That child stuck the barrel in a girls face and scared her. I have yet to find out the punishment for the two boys, but I think a point needs to be made. That is how easy it is to get a gun into school. BB or not...
This happens in the middle of the deadliest week in schools across America. Schools should be a safe haven for children. Now some children are scared to attend school. I teach and sometimes do not feel safe. What is going to happen?

My prayers go out to the families involved and/or affected by the recent tragedies...

0 comments: