Monday, February 06, 2006

Homework

One of my students came in for his afternoon class:

He said,"Mrs. Estes, my backpack has stunk all day."
I reply,"Did you check to see what it could be?"
He answers,"No, you think I should?"
I answer,"YES, if it stinks!"

He then goes plundering through his backpack. This is what I hear:

"Oh man, this is wet. Why is this wet? It smells like wet feet and crap. Oh dang it, that stupid cat. He used my backpack as the litter box, again. I must have left it open. CRAP, CRAP, CRAP I'll never get that smell out. The washing machine doesn't work. I'll kill that cat." He had been talking to himself, and this is where I decided to do the intervention. I did convince him not to kill the cat and to ask mom if they can take it to the laundry mat with the other clothes. He said, "Thanks Mrs. Estes, I would have never thought of that."

I am here to save the animal population from my students!

0 comments: