Friday, February 24, 2006

Victim!

Cullen has gone from being the aggressor to the victim. On Wednesday, I picked Cullen up from daycare. He was very happy to see me. When he runs up to me I notice the scratch marks down the right side of his face, on his check and on his neck.

I get his note to read it because the afternoon girl knew nothing about the incident. It seems Cullen was playing with some toys in the corner when one of his "friends" attacked him. He was bleeding from his neck and crying. They took him to the office, doctored him up, and loved him. When they write these notes they will not give you the name of the child who does the attacking or who they attacked. We are fortunate that Cullen can verbalize very well. When I asked he told me a boy did it. When his daddy asked he said, "Isaac did it!"

This kid has a wrap sheet longer than Cullens. I believe his past offenses have been a lot more serious than hitting with a toy hammer. Cullen has come home in the past saying, "No, No Isaac. Share. Not nice."

The daycare assured us that the situation was being addressed. When Brent picked him up Thursday afternoon, there was a daddy having a heated discussion with one of the directors. Brent heard this, "Sir , when a child requires all the attention of both teachers it leaves nothing the others. There have been many incidences where he has been aggressive. Sometimes certain daycares just don't work out." Could it have been the attackers daddy?

Was this the kid that Cullen hit those times, and he just snapped?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AM THE PROTECTIVE AUNT I AM GOING TO COME GET HIM IF DOES NOT STOP GETTING HURT & TROUBLE.