Friday, January 20, 2006

The Bully is Back

The Bully of United Methodist Child Development Center has struck again. Brent picked Cullen up yesterday, and the afternoon young lady says, "Cullen had a good day. Oh yeah, I think he bit someone."

Later in the evening...
Brent and I are having our typical afternoon conversation while I am on the way home:

Brent:"How was your day?"
Wanda: "O.K. A student pushed me and called me a B_ _ _ _!"
Brent: "Oh, really!"
Wanda: "How was your day?"
Brent:"Busy and long."
Wanda:"How was Cullen's day?"
Brent:"Good, but he bit someone again!"
Wanda:"Again?"
Brent:"I didn't know he had bit someone before."
Wanda:" Me either! I'll find out tomorrow!"

Of course, Cullen could not let us know what happened, so this morning I asked his teacher.
This time it wasn't Earth shattering.

It happened before lunch. A little girl was pointing her finger in Cullen's face and telling him,"NO!" That is Cullen's favorite word so I can only assume he did not want her using it or that he is not big on fingers in his face. Therefore he bit the finger that happened to be near his mouth! I know, it is no excuse biting is wrong, and I have discussed this with my 22 month old. He is not gender specific to who he bullies. If you mess up with my son then you are going to get it no matter who you are!

They have to write these incidences down for future reference!

Yes, another report was written. He has two documented cases of aggression toward others in his file!

Oh my, he is only 22 months old and has a file!

What does the future hold for us?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Cullen,

I, too, have a record at day care. Now, it's been awhile since I've done anything heinous enough to warrant a write-up, but I am very familiar with the director's office.

Just repeat after me, "Don't bite friends."

Love,
Matthew