Monday, January 02, 2006

Cullen's First Day At School...

Brief History of the Daycare Search..

As many of you know, Cullen had a wonderful Nanny in Tallahassee. Her name is Melissa aka Nanny Lissa. We were very blessed to have her take care of Cullen thus making us very spoiled.

Since we have moved, I visited many daycares and called a home daycare that I heard good reports on. There was no luck on the one in home daycare because cullen was to young. Upon evaluation the First United Methodist Church had the best to offer Cullen. Of course, they did not have an opening so we were put on a waiting list. This is an example of it not what you know it is who you know. Brent's Aunt Toni and Uncle Roger go to church there, and Uncle Roger use to be on the daycare board. The daycare called us a few days before Christmas break with an opening. Cullen was going to start school!

First Day...

Today was Cullen's first day. He did not cry when I left. I did. If you don't know, I am one of those Moms. I want to be with him all the time. His day was good. He took a nap one a mat like a big boy and ate lunch in the lunchroom. I did walk in at the wrong time because I could here him when I opened the door. I guess he had enough and wanted his Momma. He was crying. They had nothing but good things to say about him. He is not use to so many kids and adults.

Oh Nanny Lissa, if you read this! We miss you greatly and wish that you would move to Texas. You were a blessing to Cullen and to us. Thank you for all that you did for him!

****If you want to see pictures from the first day, you won't because I left the camera and his registration papers at home this morning! Organized? What is that?****

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Wanda,
Glad to hear that Cullen had a good 1st day - it will get a little easier to leave in the mornings as time goes on. We will continue to keep you guys in our prayers and hope that Cullen loves to go to daycare and play with all his new friends! Ashley

Melissa said...

Matthew didn't want to go back to school today, either. It does get easier once he gets into the routine. It really helps when the kids bond with their teachers. I hope he has a great time with his new friends!