Sunday, January 15, 2006

We Are Still Here

Yes, we are still in the land of Blogger. I must explain my lapse in entry writing. Lately I haven't had access to a computer. Believe it or not we have three computers at home. One belongs to Brent and I and two belong to the Bowman family. I know you are thinking with three computers I could at least use one. Well, you're wrong. Brent is working very hard on the final part of his dissertation, new classwork and his job. John is studying, and Kim is playing games or looking for places to buy. I am left out of the computer world. The only place lately I have to write is at school which is my job. I have to teach the kids or chase them which ever comes first! There are still no pictures because I can't get to my computer to download them. COMING SOON I PROMISE!!

THE BULLY....
Well, Cullen is adapting very good to daycare. He walks inside now caring his backpack but is still ready to go when someone arrives to get him!

Now, last week I decided I would pick him up because I always drop him off therefore I am the bad guy! So, I get there, and Cullen is by the cubbies with pacifier in mouth and big tears falling down his face. Of course I am shocked and grab him immediately. One of the young girls comes to me with his chart for the day. She says, "We had a problem with Cullen today. He hit one of his friends with a toy. We tried to put him in timeout, but he would not sit. We then sat by him and told him that hitting his friends was wrong, and he should not do that." I asked if he just walked up and hit or if they were playing? She says, " They were playing, but he still cannot hit." I agreed that he should not hit and that I would talk with him about it. You have to understand this young lady acted like they had to take this child to the emergency room and that Cullen was a bully!

It really bothered me that Cullen was so withdrawn and upset after the incident that I spoke with his morning teacher the next day. She had just read the report. YES, I said the report. The young lady wrote Cullen up. You know you have to watch out for those 21 month old bullies. Mrs. Cathy had already planned to speak with the afternoon girls about the habits of one and two year olds. They have to be taught and guided not drug to timeout for a mishap!

So, watch out for the Bully!


0 comments: