Thursday, January 26, 2006

The Call

Wednesday, while at school the Daycare calls. Oh my, what could it be? Did Cullen break something or someone? No, he is just sick and has been crying for 30 minutes. Who makes the decision on the number of minutes or hours that pass before the parents of a sick child are called? You know it usually takes the parents a few minutes to get there, also! I feel that this should be taken into consideration.

Brent went to get Cullen. I finished the day at work. Brent tells me Cullen is very sick, and he hasn't seen him this way in a long time. So, I call and make Cullen a doctor's appointment for 5:00. Normally, I would make it home in 20 minutes and that would be plenty of time to get Cullen and make it to the doctor. Not today! I know more get on the highway when traffic stops completely. I mean the wind is not even moving! So, as you can guess this is the day that there was a traffic pile up the size of Texas! (There were no fatalities, but it was a mess.)

Needless to say, I had to meet them at the doctor's office. Cullen looked terrible. The doctor came in and examined him. He has an ear infection and possibly Strep Throat. They did not check for it because he is getting strong meds anyway! We are on our way out. Brent is paying, and Cullen and I are waiting. Then in a matter of half a second, Cullen projectile vomits all over me, Brent, the door, the floor, and in my purse. It was something out of the exorcist! He was pitiful!

All the way home Cullen was saying, "Mommy wet, stink, yuck. My mouth hurts!"

This was the most horrible ride I have ever had with Cullen! Good news is Cullen has kept the medicine down and is doing better already!

I still smell VOMIT.... Will it ever go away?

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Poor baby! (Poor mama and daddy, too!) Hope he feels better soon!

Aunt Melissa